Finitas are working with one of the UK's leading global Insurance businesses in the provision of an experienced Data professional to join their growing Agile Data teams.
In this role, you will be working closely with various Agile Data, and non-Data, teams to ensure data capabilities are delivered across the Commercial Insurance business. You'll be driving and leading team engagement, leading by example when identifying problems and providing solutions.
You'll be driving the development and implementation of a new Azure DevOps framework and practice, contributing to the overall data strategy. You will play a pivotal role and be the driving force behind moving teams to an Azure DevOps methodology.
- Ensures that data is delivered in a timely fashion and fit for purpose, meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Ensures focus on the implementation of DevOps principles and practices across all Data teams, managing the transition in some architectures from traditional offshore support to DevOps full lifecycle.
- Contributes to the development of data strategy.
- Strong emphasis on implementation of new capabilities to support data delivery in Azure.
- Strong focus on engagement and people leadership - coaching, mentoring, and development
- Budget support and resource planning
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Agile delivery / DevOps tools, processes including CI/CD, test automation, monitoring and alerting, and culture
- Strong understanding of either Azure or AWS cloud
- Strong understanding of data warehousing processes and technologies.
- Familiar with legislation relating to use and storage of data.
- Understanding of data modelling and architectural principles.
- Stakeholder management, influencing, listening, written and spoken communication, process change
- Leadership: action and delivery orientation, customer value, people/team engagement and satisfaction, change mindset, team-player
- A background working within the Insurance industry
- Managed technical specialists
- Experience in large scale data and platform migrations, setting-up data capabilities in the cloud
- Must have real-world Agile delivery / DevOps tools and processes including CI/CD
- Established coder - experienced in Data Management/development
- Experience working in a large corporate environment is essential
- People management and engagement
- Working in an environment driving change and improvement on multiple fronts, balancing risks and opportunities