This is an amazing opportunity to join an Australian owned Software Engineering company with a global reach that builds cutting-edge big data products. Our client helps physical venues use data to measure, predict and influence visitor behaviour. They collect and analyse billions of data points each month from a range of venue types across five continents.
As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to work alongside the Software Engineer team on early-stage R&D and innovation initiatives as well as cutting-edge client projects within a collaborative team environment.
The work you deliver will feed directly in the product roadmap and be deployed to thousands of customers globally, influencing the experience of millions of visitors across the globe.
You will be joining a passionate team of high-performance big data engineers, data scientists, product managers, strategists and software engineers giving you the opportunity to develop your skills and have exposure to multiple technologies and methodologies helping you become an expert in your area.
You will be dealing with large Datasets on a regular basis, meaning you will need to have experience with some leading Big Data technologies (Scala being one of the leading technologies that you will work with), as well as Spark and Redshift.
You will be adaptable to learning new technologies that will be implemented in the future through our technical roadmap. The role will also involve working with our NoSQL Databases (MongoDB), as you will be working with Petabyte datasets.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a Data Scientist (or in a similar role)
- Strong skills in problem solving, innovation, and solution design, with understanding of commercial implications
- Strong technical skills and data literacy
- Experience with statistical analysis and machine learning
- Understanding of good coding practices; Ability to maintain code and pipelines
- Must have strong SQL and Python skills
- Experience with visualisation modules / tools (e.g. Matplotlib, Plotly, Tableau)
- Knowledge of docker / K8s / containerised technologies
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (in particular, AWS is desirable)
- Some experience with R or Scala
- Experience with natural language processing, deep learning, image processing, scalable system design would be helpful, as would Big Data experience (e.g. Scala, Spark, Kafka, Redshift)