Our client is one of the largest providers of financial services, trading products and market making services. They use cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and transparent trading solutions to their buy side clients.
From traders to technologists, this company is passionate about innovating, solving problems and making an impact on the bottom line. They set the bar high and strive to consistently provide best-in-class service to institutional investors around the world.
As an Electronic Sales Trader based in the Sydney office, you will be part of this global supportive and high performing team. The strong client focus, and innovative quant driven electronic trading set up, will help you build on your existing client relationships, develop new client relationships, and expand your reach in a highly content, sophisticated, consultative led sales fashion.
If you are a seasoned electronic sales trading professional with significant experience in Asia this role could be for you.
The position is based in Sydney, but we encourage applicants currently based in Hong Kong or Singapore but with the right to work/citizenship in Australia.
What's on Offer
- A smaller team environment with 3-4 professionals
- A great place for upward and geographic mobility
- Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on all sides of the business
- The energetic dynamism of financial markets
- Teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar
- A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance
- A company that is committed to giving back to surrounding communities, from LA to Hong Kong and Sydney and the 11 locations in between
- Excellent base plus bonus and full benefits.
What You Bring
- Degree educated in Computer Science or Finance related field
- 5+ years as an Electronic Sales Trader in an international firm
- Strong understanding of pan Asian markets, algorithmic products
- A passion for providing excellent client service and a desire to grow a business
- Deep knowledge of Asian market structure with a focus on Australia
- Demonstrable relationships with the buy side community (US buy sides a plus)
- Previous experience of wheel mechanisms and how the results are measured
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal drive and commercial acumen
- Detailed knowledge of risk management, and technical and operational procedures in a global institutional equity trading environment