About the job
Finitas are paretned with a leading digital syndicate who believe that data and analytics capabilities will be key to their success in the future, enabled by establishing strong data governance and data culture.
As the Head of Data Governance you will drive the vision, strategy and implementation for data governance and data quality initiatives across the business. You will act as an advocate for data, engaging with stakeholders across the business to drive participation and support our strategic objectives. You will be accountable for the implementation of data management, governance and quality practices across the organisation.
- Data Vision and Culture: Work collaboratively with the business to build a culture where the value of data is recognised and leveraged. Facilitate enablement activity through communications and training. Act as a champion for data quality, raising awareness of data controls and help the business unlock the value of data.
- Leadership and Management: Act as a strategic influencer, working collaboratively with stakeholders to implement strategic data governance initiatives and build strong networks.
- Data Strategy: Lead the implementation of the data governance strategy throughout the organisation, ensuring adoption for each data domain area, including claims, underwriting, finance and actuarial.
- Organisational Model: Own the data governance organisational model implementation. Build support from teams across the business and secure endorsement from executive leadership. Define roles and responsibilities related to data and verify that accountabilities for ownership and stewardship are understood across business teams for the effective data management.
- Data Governance Forums: Support and facilitate the functioning of the Data Governance Steering Committee and lead data governance working groups as required. Engage key stakeholders and serve as a facilitator for data across business functions.
- Policies and Standards: Define and maintain data policies, standards and processes. Build strong relationships with data owners and data stewards to drive policy adoption and ensure requirements are consistently met. Ensure alignment between data related policies, including data standards, information security and data privacy policies.
- Data Governance KPIs: Define and monitor data governance KPIs to track governance implementation.
- Data Governance Technology: Facilitate and coordinate implementation of data governance related technology and tools, including cloud technology, as required.
- Data Quality Management: Deliver a consolidated view of data quality and improve capabilities and controls throughout the organisation. Provide expertise on the effective use of data quality tools, data assets and artefacts. Implement consistent processes to identify, triage, risk assess data quality issues and provide leadership on remediation.
- Data Quality Reporting: Coordinate input on data quality from across business areas to deliver consolidated data quality dashboards, reporting and visualisations.
- Metadata Management: Provide oversight to safeguard necessary data quality controls are in place across data lineage. Facilitate reference data, master data and metadata management.
- Data Architecture support: Collaborate with the IT team to ensure data architecture artefacts are maintained, such as data dictionaries and domain models. Work with the data architect to define and maintain data design principles.
- Change Governance: Provide oversight and work closely with the IT Change team to ensure data governance is considered and embedded in the change management process.
- Robust understanding of all aspects of data governance, including data quality management, metadata management, data architecture, data management tools and technology, trends, best practices and relevant regulation.
- Experience of utilising a combination of in-house and third-party suppliers and building effective partnerships with vendors.
- Excellent business acumen and the ability to think strategically about data to drive positive change, create opportunities and data-led decision making.
- Sound understanding of the insurance business and operating model.
- Demonstrable background in data; data modelling, data modelling tools, MI & BI patterns, data principles, data technologies, data standards (such as Accord and similar) and practical / pragmatic data architecture delivery, ideally within an Insurance context.
- Excellent interpersonal and business influencing skills with the ability to work with a wide array of stakeholders.
Apply today or call 0203 807 8761 for a confidential chat with Josh.