Release Manager - Life Insurance - Hybrid / Outer London - up to £80,000 pa
Finitas are working on an exclusive basis with an insurance company based outside London who have had an exciting opportunity arise for a Release Manager to join their team to assist in the management of software releases.
This is a newly created role within the business and is required due to the complex and large quantity or release and change within the environments and the business driven by continued growth.
The Change and Release Manager will be responsible for promoting, managing, and coordinating all Information Systems change activities, including software application releases and IT networks & infrastructure changes that may impact the operational running of their IT infrastructure and associated services. Coming from a strong Change Management background, you will be responsible for the ownership and governance of release activities, building frameworks for the effective and safe delivery of change.
- Plan the release of project deliverables and release life cycle.
- Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release.
- Make sure that the release is planned, according to the requirements and budget.
- Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities
- Make sure the allocation of resources to every release is identified.
- Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
- Team up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
- Schedule the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Make improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
This role won't be around for long! Please register your interest by sending your CV to e.ross @ finitas.co.uk or call me on +44 203 8076 389.