We are working closely with a global top-10 insurance group in their search for a Technical Accountant.
As part of the CFO Advisory Team, this role will provide technical accounting expertise to the group and related entities. This will involve ensuring compliance with accounting requirements on an ongoing basis.
The immediate focus will be to support the implementation of IFRS 17 helping to draft technical policies and application papers to apply the new requirements.
Additionally, the role will be required to support implementation of other key reporting changes, provision of critical technical and commercial guidance on key business developments, and compliance with other relevant accounting standards as relevant to the group.
- IFRS 17 implementation
- Accounting for other financial and regulatory reporting developments
- Advisory and transaction support
- Control framework
- Qualified Accountant (with min. 3+ years PQE)
- Strong accounting technical knowledge. Must be comfortable with IFRS
- Experience of insurance sector, in particular of the Lloyd's market, will be highly advantageous. Financial services experience a pre-requisite
- Experience of an audit/consultancy environment will be beneficial but not important