Finitas are delighted to be assisting a Yorkshire based Council with the recruitment of a Capital Accountant. This interim role will be for 3 months initially but is highly likely to extend. Although the Council are based in Yorkshire this role will be 100% remote and travel to Yorkshire will not be neccessary. The role will include but by no means be limited to:
- Co-ordination of and production of the Capital year end financial ststements
- Co-ordination and preparation of the Council's revenue budgets.
- Providing budgetry advice to Budget holders
- Responsible for the overview of capital accounting and asset management, liaising with other departments to ensure accountability of large capital expenditure and income.
- Developing and maintaining the Council's asset management system for the Council.
- Develop treasury management solutions for setting / monitoring the treasury management budget to secure the Council's assets whilst gaining the greatest budgetary return on investments
The ideal candidate for the role will be:
- A qualified member of an accounting body such as CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or ACA
- Extensive experience of Capital Accounting in a Local Authority setting
- Proven experience in prepaaring Capital financial statements
If you are an immediately available or on a short notice period and looking for your next Capital Accounting role please get in touch. This role will be fully remote so you can be based any where in the UK.