Finitas are recruiting a Ceded Reinsurance Manager on behalf of a leading consultancy firm servicing the global insurance industry.
If you are a ceded professional who has at least ten years of experience with in-depth domain knowledge, including complex XOL contracts, recovery and reinstatement premium calculations, premium deposit, and adjustment calculations, this role could be a right fit for you!
You will be the main points of contact for their Client's placement/purchasing team, broker relationships, regulatory returns, audits (internal, statutory, and external), Claims, Finance and Risk team.
- Working with offshore delivery lead and offshore delivery team, you will be responsible for peer review of some of the complex activities across some complex treaties, across XOL and Fac recoveries, XOL premium adjustments, XOL allocations, some regulatory reporting and some Fac setup.
- Support, guide and mentor offshore team and help with any functional and/or process queries and issues.
- Along with offshore delivery lead, co-own the Ceded Re Operations Control framework.
- Working closely with Client Ceded Re Operations Manager, represent Ceded Re Operations during internal audits, external audits, reinsurer audits and control assessments.
- Conduct regular service meetings with RI brokers and help build more effective relationship with proactive issue resolution.
- Build strong in person engagement with Client Ceded Re team, along with Claims, Underwriting and Finance teams.
- Engage in various tactical and strategic projects, providing Ceded Re expertise in developing and testing new processes and tools for Client.
- Help Client in identifying more outsourcing opportunities.
- Proactively bringing ideas on ways to improve the ceded re operations processes and take charge of ceded operations process changes.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy and good analytical skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication and organisational skills in managing client, peers, and other key stakeholder, able to show initiative