Cyber Operations and MI Analyst - London Market Insurance
An excellent new opportunity has surfaced with a market leading, conglomerate Specialty Insurer. This is a new function for the business, launched early 2021, and is responsible for all cyber operations, data, and ad hoc requests.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is eager to work with teams on a global scale, learn the latest tech, and take on new cyber knowledge. This will also suit someone established in the London market or a Cyber SME.
The Cyber function is positioned under Enterprise Risk Management with close links to Underwriting, the role of the Cyber Cell is:
- Strategic direction & planning
- Research & horizon scanning
- Risk controls
- Best practice
- Insights & analysis
- Learning & development
- Scenario development
- Regulatory and market engagement
The Key Purpose of the Role:
To act as an operations analyst reviewing policies, procedures, and functions to find areas of improvement by reviewing company data, building reports based on these findings and making improvement recommendations. The role also acts as the central custodian of Cyber data, MI and reporting providing insightful and accurate analytics, working within the Cyber Cell and to central MI standards and practices.
Further Responsibilities Include:
- Analysing company policies, functions, processes and procedures to identify improvements and support delivery.
- Engaging with operations teams globally on data quality, control and remediation.
- Providing cyber reporting solutions for cyber governance steering and working groups; legal entity boards; Enterprise Risk Management and Underwriting Risk Management Committees.
- Acting as key contact and first responder for ad hoc MI queries and data issues.
- Delivering data and fact-based insight/analytics in support of cyber cell business activity, risk management and business planning decision-making.
- Acting as Cyber Cell information and knowledge manager.
- Maintaining and enhancing relevant online reporting.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to apply analytical skills and effectively solve complex business problems
- Ability to articulate complex problems, recommendations, and solutions in a simple and logical manner
- Strong business, operations and data analysis skills
- Effectively uses and manipulates data from databases and I.T. systems to produce qualitative data for the business
- Requires strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases; can clearly demonstrate how to write complex queries
- Effectively interacts and communicates with colleagues to understand the kind of information required to produce and to resolve quality issues
- Requires strong and relevant work experience gained in a similar role within the insurance industry
- Strong experience in the following is highly advantageous:
- Microsoft Excel, SSMS/SSRS
- Power BI and SQL