Within this role, you'll hold responsibility for the creation and maintenance of a logical data model, integrating data from multiple data sources in to a central Enterprise data warehouse (Azure). You'll be able to design and apply data cleansing and data standardisation rules, providing clear documentation of the business rules embedded in the system, with the potential of solving data quality issues.
You will work closely with the wider Data team to understand what the data journey needs to look like, specifically working closely with the Data Architect to create an overview of the data lineage.
This role will initially be working from home, with a shift to a hybrid office/home working set up as lockdown restrictions evolve. My client is also committed to the work/life balance of their teams, so they're happy to consider flexible working options.
- Strong experience in coding with SQL for OLAP/Data Warehouse style modelling
- Knowledge of Star Schema Data models for BI solutions
- Comfortable working with modern Big Data technology and tooling
- Working knowledge of Python for automation
- Sound awareness of Data Management best practice including Data Lifecycle Management
- Cloud experience - Azure is preferred
- Critical thinker and able to voice solutions and results with your findings, great communicator and problem solver.
- Insurance or Financial Services experience highly advantageous