An award-winning, leading insurance company has an excellent opportunity for a Data Engineering Manager to join their expanding and high performing Business Information team.
You will be part of a team responsible for a complex SAS data warehouse and MI reporting used by around 70 users in cross-functional departments. You'll lead and develop a high performing, proactive, technical team responsible for developing, improving and maintaining on premise data warehouse as well as Data Lake solutions ensuring timely updates, accuracy, functionality and user support.
- Lead the development of a Data Lake data solution.
- Build detailed knowledge of data sources.
- Build re-usable code and data assets using Software Engineering best practices.
- Coach and mentor a team of 5 developers and engineers and share your data knowledge and best practices across the business.
- Ensure Data Governance practices are followed.
- Recruit, retain and motivate a high calibre of technical individuals at all levels.
- Extensive experience with SAS
- SQL is essential while Python and Spark are highly desirable.
- Comprehensive experience in a database technology such as Spark, Hadoop, EMR and Traditional RDBMS such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience and interest in Azure. Knowledge and expertise of Azure Databricks and Data Factory would be highly beneficial.
- Experience managing projects and an understanding of project management practices like Agile.
- Understanding of Information Security and GDPR principles to ensure compliant handling and management of data.
- A basic understanding of Azure DevOps or similar tools would be useful.
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining reliability and accuracy is important in this role.
- You will need to be confident at understanding technical concepts and clearly communicate complex solutions back to non-technical audiences.
- Be comfortable with using the MS Office Suite, especially Excel and be able to easily manipulate data.
Apply today to find out more!