Finitas have partnered with a leading digital syndicate in their efforts to grow a new function in Data Science and Analytics. This syndicate ranks highly profitable and low in volatility and provides an exciting new step forward in Data Science.
This role is suitable for an individual looking to enhance their experience in Data Science/AI and looking to join a dynamic organisation looking for your insights on how to enhance their Data Science capabilities.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Data Analytics and portfolio Underwriting, initially, you'll play a crucial role in delivering an ongoing Data Transformation project with a key focus on delivering value to the business. Upon successful project delivery, you'll provide key insights and analysis to underwriting and actuarial stakeholders to enhance Data Science capabilities across the organisation.
You'll work alongside the Data Analytics Manager to define strategic data requirements for use cases. You'll be working with cross-functional teams to gather technical and business requirements to develop optimised, automated, and highly effective solutions.
- Lead the Data Science capabilities forward, coaching and upskilling analysts along the way
- Data Cleansing and Data Mining (to produce valuable insights and reports to underwriting and actuarial stakeholders)
- Utilise advanced techniques in Data Science and AI to automate tasks
- Provide exceptional value to the underwriting and actuarial teams through meaningful analysis and reporting on insights
- Work closely with actuaries, utilising their in-depth business knowledge to extract key insights from Data Science techniques
- Work with the Data Analytics Manager to define strategic data requirements and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, creating high-quality deliverables
- Strong track record of management and leadership
- Proven stakeholder management skills and the ability to build great relationships with technical and non-technical SMEs
- Expert in Data Science techniques - up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies, applying a mindset on how the business can best utilise new Data Science principles.
- 5+ years in a similar role ideally within the Lloyd's Insurance market (MGA/Syndicate experience is a plus)
- Experience working with Azure or Power BI is a plus
Please apply today to find out more!