Execution Consultant - Director
Our client is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to their clients. As a market maker, they provide deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world.
Their market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables them to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
The firm's complementary core offerings-market making, client execution services, and trading venues-give them a competitive advantage in developing and applying innovative tools that deliver efficiencies and performance across the organization.
They are looking to add a new role in Hong Kong to promote and sell their algo suite to institutional investors across the APAC region.
- Be a multi-faceted algo strategist who can both comprehend algorithmic intentions and speak with clients about the algo suite.
- Innovate by researching, designing and suggesting new logic to improve the execution algorithms.
- Become an expert in market structure both at the macro and micro level.
- Be consultative in approach, able to debate and advise on solutions with clients while keeping their objectives front of mind.
- Engage directly with clients, from the initial sales pitch though to tracking performance and ongoing education of the algos.
- Report into the Head of Execution Services, based in HK.
- Develop a qualified pipeline of revenue opportunities and manage them through a consultative sales process, with full responsibility for the entire negotiations.
- Excellent academic background. All majors welcome but hard sciences preferred (computer science, maths, physics, and related fields).
- Outstanding technical problem‐solving, programming experience is desirable (Python and SQL are a plus).
- 8+ years of experience in equity trading, preferably across both high tough and electronic business lines.
- Proactive, a spirit of client service and a desire to grow a business.
- Previous success in a client facing role either in sales or account management with revenue responsibility.
- The ability to communicate information precisely and with agility, you will be speaking with clients frequently.
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team.
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working collective goals.