Finitas are excited to be working in collaboration with a leading insurance group in their search for an experienced Head of Financial Reporting to join the growing team.
Part of the Global Finance Department, you will be leading and running the Syndicate and Corporate Reporting teams of 12 people and responsible for financial, regulatory and business reporting of the group and its subsidiaries.
- Close liaison with the actuarial department to ensure that the financial documents and regulatory returns are prepared in line with the reserving committee recommendations and outstanding reserves are reconciled between finance and actuarial
- Preparation of the Board and Finance Committee papers and materials under relevant GAAP and Solvency II basis
- Responsible for regulatory returns made to Lloyds, FCA, and regional overseas regulators
- Support the Reinsurance and Business Accounting, Business Partnering and FP&A, Capital and Actuarial teams. Provide accurate data in an efficient manner, to facilitate planning, capital modelling, reinsurance and the reserving process
The successful candidate will need the following:
- Qualified Accountant
- Extensive experience of UK and US GAAP, Lloyd's financial and regulatory reporting
- Detailed knowledge and experience of UK Financial, Regulatory and Solvency II reporting
- Excellent communicator with experience in leading a large team of Finance professionals responsible for the financial and regulatory reporting of a Global business
- Continuous learner seeking out new solutions, technologies, and methodologies to drive improvement