PROJECT MANAGER OPPORTUNITY
I am looking for talented and ambitious project managers who are keen to further their career, focused on managing projects within the pensions industry.
You will be working as part of a team to deliver projects to clients (trustee and corporates) with a primary focus on DB pension schemes. This is an opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, direct with Scheme Actuaries and other specialists, and on a range of client teams. We tailor the client mix to support and develop an individual's skills now and into the future.
This role would be suitable for someone who ideally has pension knowledge along with being able to demonstrate excellent project management skills. An added benefit would be knowledge around GMP equalisation.
What is the role?
- Prepare Project Plans and communication strategy
- Ensure Project Scope is agreed and any change of scope is managed
- Manage the progress of the required tasks, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources
- Establish and manage project controls
- Advise the PSG of any deviations from the plan
- Ensure project team comply with the project management strategies
- Ensure the project is completed in accordance with the project objectives and desired outcomes.
- Monitor budget, project scope and timelines.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ideally an understanding of the work involved in GMP reconciliation, rectification and equalisation.
- Ability to interpret reports provided by the project team and understand what complexities need to be referred to the Trustee and legal adviser etc.
- Understand where assumptions need to be referred to the Trustees but is careful not to stray into providing assumptions advice.
- Excellent ability to track budgets and plans and flag areas of risk as soon as they arise.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills, being able to engage and manage all parties involved in the projects.
- Excellent planning and organisational abilities, in order to prioritise and complete work.
- A willingness to learn new skills and be adaptable in a changing environment.
- Proven ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients.