- To work with service managers to prepare, analyse and monitor budgets.
- To analyse and present financial information to assist decision-making, and for the purposes of financial accounting, grant claims, government returns, recharges, pricing, etc.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At ALL GRADES
- To maintain an awareness of budgeting techniques and accounting principles and best practice, and apply this knowledge to budget preparation, monitoring and financial analysis work.
- To work with service managers to prepare accurate, robust and prudent budgets for income and expenditure in accordance with corporate guidance and in line with the council's budget timetable.
- To work with service managers to advise and assist them in monitoring their budgets and presenting monitoring reports.
- To ensure that budgeting and monitoring reports reflect an accurate and prudent financial position for the services concerned, taking into account all of the relevant cost and income drivers, and associated risks.
- To analyse and present financial information to agreed standards and timescales
- to assist service managers with budgeting, monitoring and budget management
- for the purposes of business planning, business cases, capital programming, decision-making, pricing etc.
- to inform procurement and contract management
- for the purposes of grant claims, returns to central government and other agencies
- for SLAs, shared services, internal trading and recharges
- for financial accounting in accordance with the council's timetable for the closing of accounts
- or for any other purpose as determined by the Principal Accountant, Service Financial Adviser, Head of Accountancy or Assistant Director.
- To make amendments to budgets and accounts within financial systems to reflect adjustments requested and appropriately approved.
- To undertake such other duties of a comparable nature elsewhere in the organisation as may be required to facilitate management development and service flexibility.
- Any other duties as requested by the Service Financial Adviser or Head of Accountancy