Our client is a leading specialist commercial insurance provider for clients within the Lloyd's and company markets. Established in 1897, approximately 7,000 employees, workign with businesses and professionals in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading design, development and implementation of innovative business insight solutions to mature reporting and analytics. To do this, you will collaborate with project teams and business users in the development of dashboards and business insights across Underwriting, Claims, Actuarial, Finance, Exposure Management and other cross-functional business areas.
Other responsibilities inculde:
- Coach and lead in more complex report modelling including best practice coding.
- Report development including ETL processes, query design and improvement etc.
- Collaboration with business areas to review data input processes
- Data quality review through data profiling.
- Work with the Solution Consultant to ensure best practice code development using SQL, Tableau, Python, Google tools (GCP, BigQuery) etc.
- Develop and maintain the data dictionary including data mapping and data lineage.
- Ensure quality of reporting solutions.
- Responds to incoming support requests from Production Support
- Analyses and resolves user problems, issues and requests in a timely manner.
Essential experience requirements:
- Excellent understanding of structured data management.
- Experience with both star and multidimensional schema.
- Understanding of ETL and data warehouse principles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence (SSIS, SSRS)
- SQL Server experience
- Tableau experience
- Insurance background.
- Knowledge and experience of finance and insurance data models.
- Understanding of unstructured data management
- Experience in data warehouse design