My client, a conglomerate Broker of the London market, is looking for a SQL Server DBA specialist to ensure high levels of database availability. You will need to stabilize critical/deteriorating situations & work toward permanent self-sufficiency, while maintaining SLA.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of SQL Server software and products
- Creating and sizing database storage structures and database objects
- Backup and recovery of database information
- Setting strategic direction for database platforms
- Configure Log shipping, Mirroring, Clustering
- Expertise in SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/2019
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Proficiency in logical/physical data modeling/architecture design.
- Excellent skills in T-SQL Performance Tuning.
- Good knowledge of and skills in database security design and implementation
- Troubleshooting DB related alerts
- Backup/Restore, Data Refresh/Migration
- Knowledgeable with various Backup and restores processes such as partial Backup, point in time restores etc.
You will also be responsible for mentoring junior colleagues while maintaining a 24/7 support line for the UK area.
Please apply or get in touch today to find out more.