Finitas are recruiting a Syndicate Financial Controller on behalf of a leading insurance group.
You will be managing the production and delivery of financial information and other Lloyd's returns for the firm, and responsible for the Syndicate finance teams (onshore and offshore).
- Manage the Lloyd's construct of statutory and regulatory reporting (QMB, QSR, SII, Trust funds etc.)
- Manage the production of financial statements for the Lloyd's Syndicate, Managing Agency, Corporate Member, Service Company and associated entities and branches
- Contribute to the production and filing of the Lloyd's SBF
- Advise other functions on Lloyd's reporting and finance requirements (legal, compliance, FAL, Treasury, Managing Agency, Corporate Member
- Establish, develop and strengthen relationships with stakeholders internal and external parties to maximise influence, achieve business objectives and deliver an effective service level to stakeholders
- Manage the Syndicate finance teams processes and controls including SOX /ICoFR for the Syndicate and other Lloyd's related entities
Skills & experience
- Qualified accountant ACA/ACCA, with significant Lloyd's Syndicate experience (non-life insurance)
- Worked in an onshore and outsourced finance model with successful work experience with outsourced parties
- Strong business process and control knowledge with an ability to use this knowledge to contribute to the UK syndicate finance strategy
- Knowledge of operations in London Market insurance companies
- Understanding of Syndicate reporting and accounting processes and Lloyd's regulatory environment essential