Do you have insurance accounting experience?
Our Syndicate Accountants assist with the preparation, production, reconciliation and submission of Syndicate Financial reporting to a high standard, on a timely basis. Their work spans Quarterly Board packs, Lloyd's Regulatory Returns including Solvency2 reporting.
The location for this role is our London office, we are currently trailing different patterns of home and office working to determine to optimum working arrangements for the future. During the trial period the classification of this role is Home Primary. Typically this has entailed two days in the office and three days working from home.
Your main responsibilities in the role will to:
- Prepare and reconcile technical journal entries relating to the Syndicate within documented deadlines
- Prepare monthly Syndicate P&L and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the production of monthly and quarterly Syndicate financial reporting in accordance with established timetables
- Develop a good understanding of dataflows and dependencies to support the population of the GL and financial reporting
- Document and maintain adequate procedures and controls
- Assist in the preparation of Lloyd's returns including QMA, QMB and Solvency II reporting ensuring these are prepared in accordance with Lloyd's Byelaws
- Completing early drafts of reporting packs in good time to allow for several layers of internal/external reviews
- Critically analysing the data in all Lloyd's Returns prior to submission - by raising queries and incorporating appropriate responses within the accompanying commentary - to pre-empt questions from Lloyd's and members' agents
We'd like to hear from you, if you:
- Have a strong understanding of insurance accounting
- Are a great communicator skills both written and verbal able to liaise with stakeholders within and outside of the organisation
- Have experience of using the Microsoft Office Suite to an advanced level with an emphasis on Excel.
- Are part or fully qualified in ACA or ACCA (or equivalent).
Lloyds Market insurance experience is desirable and not essential for this role.
What you'll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual holiday buy (up to 3 extra days)
- Salary sacrifice benefits
- Annual benefits reviews
- Professional qualifications and study support